Sunday, July 09, 2006

Terry Virgo Prophesies at Stoneleigh Bible Week 2000!

One of the things that I want to do on this blog is to transcribe prophecies that I have come across or perhaps that I have had myself that are worthy of reprinting. Paul is absolute - prophecy is a gift of the Spirit that should be "most eagerly" desired! It is a gift that builds up the Church, it encourages the Church and it can challenge the Church. I don't want to get into that too deeply - that is for another post. As my new friend Jon wrote, it is sometimes easy to get so deeply into concern and "weighing" that we forget that is an awful lot of good, lifechanging evidences of the gifts of the Spirit.

This particular prophecy that I transcribe here is absolutely key for me. It is probably the first prophecy I had heard uttered since the early to mid-80's when my home church used to operate in the gifts of the Spirit. I was at Stoneleigh Bible Week 2000 (it was my first) and I wrote elsewhere about how important this week was to me. So to see Terry Virgo come up to the pulpit and speak this was unforgettable.

"As you come on your hands and knees, ground that you would have thought was outside your sphere that you were disqualified to get near, I've cleared the ground for you" says the Lord. "I've cleared it for you so that you can dance now. You can dance on holy ground. I've cleared the ground for you! I've provided grounds that are level and clear and steady. Even as I came to My servant Isaiah, undone and ruined by the revelation of My purity, undone forever, I've provided him a burning coal - clensing and purging so that he could be in the holy place. I want you to know that I have provided for you, my sons and my daughters out of My love. You will never stamp the ground to make it level, you will never clear the grounds of thorns and weeds. I have cleared the ground for you.

You are free to dance now because of my eternal grace to you, my kindness and my celebration over you. I celebrate in My finished work. I celebrate in embracing My sons and daughters running home. I invite and welcome the prodigal into dancing ground. I draw back the man whose head is hung low with a sense of inadequacy and failure and say, "This is dancing ground! This is dancing ground!". This, My son, was dead, he is alive again! He was lost and now is found. This is dancing ground! I welcome you into My heart and into My Presence as mercy and a gift to you", says the Lord.

"Out of My heart of love and out of My full embrace, I don't want you to come timidly. I don't want you to come wondering, can I accumulate enough worth, can I demonstrate enough merit that I am allowed in? I tell you, I have cleared the ground by My blood. Only there will you find fullness of mercy and because it is fullness, it is not simply ground to kneel upon but it is ground to dance upon for your welcome is complete. The ground is clear! Come My sons and My daughters - I welcome you to this very place. I am full of ambition for you, full of desire to bless you with My love. Full of tenderness and mercy because of the obedience of My Son that frees Me to bless you. Some come dance, rejoice, drink deeply of My love, says the Lord. Enter in, enter in to the mercy of God. The joy and favour and everlasting love of your God, says the Lord".

No comments: